Deco M5 wireless channel selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-30 06:40:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi,

My wireless performance on my deco m5 is average and I have used the deco lab assistant and it advises my wireless channel is experiencing significant interference. The current channel I'm on is crowded. There does not appear to be anyway to change it even though I have read 18 month old threads that suggested it was coming in future firmware. Can anyone advise please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 wireless channel selection
2022-02-02 11:15:31

@r_b 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Have you ever tried to use Network Optimization feature to optimize your deco network?

Triggering the Network Optimization feature, Deco will scan the available Wi-Fi channels and select the most empty channel automatically if it detects the current channel is congested. 

If you can't see this feature on your deco app, please make sure your deco units are updated to the latest firmware version. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 wireless channel selection
2022-02-04 04:49:09

@TP-Link 

Hi, thanks for responding. Yes I have tried that feature and it does not change the channel it uses. I have also used an independent wifi explorer tool that also shows a number of other networks competing for the same channel my deco devices are on. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 2

Related Articles