Parental control allow complete access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-30 10:05:21
Model: TL-WR720N  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 180328 Rel.60030n

Hi,

I'm trying to set up scheduled parental control on my:

150M Wireless N Router
Model No. TL-WR740N / TL-WR741ND

1. I don't see how I can allow complete access to the internet, instead of the few websites I can submit on the parental control page (Allowed Website Name:).

My kids would use their phones to connect wirelessly, so allowing some websites doesn't apply for apps.

2. Is there a way to use the newer tp-link gui with this router? It looks like the new gui is easier to use, but after upgrading my firmware, I still get the old green admin.

Thanks for any help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental control allow complete access
2022-01-30 11:05:28

@dobmarton 

WR740N is with old green UI. Even if you update to the latest FW release this won't change the old green UI.

For restricting internet access on your device you can use Access Control feature instead.

See here an example restricting internet access to a host but still accessible from the LAN.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Parental control allow complete access
2022-01-31 17:01:25

@terziyski 

I too found the pages you sent me, but wasn't sure, that that was the true solution, and I kind of hoped it would be somewhat easier.

But thanks to you, I will look no further, and dig in a bit deeper sometime soon, and go through the process.

The UI info is also helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 533

Replies: 2

Related Articles