Archer C58HP with no bandwidth control available, why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-30 17:34:40
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 20180717

I have months testing a 941HP, i like the function of bandwidth limiting that it has, works perfectly.

Days ago i bought a new Archer C58HP because i needed the Wireless 5GHz band and i watched on internet that it has the same web configuration interface as my 941HP, but for surprise,  it hasn't the QoS Bandwidth limit control  that i loved in the 941HP.. 

Why a more powerful and expensive device has less features than a cheaper one??

Could be a firmware update including the bandwidth limiter to the C58HP??  I've searched on internet and there is not even one update for this device, only the factory firmware is available. Practically it was manufactured and abandoned

File:
C58HP.jpgDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C58HP with no bandwidth control available, why?
2022-01-30 17:35:54

Here's a screenshot of the option in the 941HP  

File:
941hp 2.jpgDownload
Options
2022-01-30 21:11:43

@GeorKhawam 

TP-Link has phased out the bandwidth control in favor of QoS in their newer/higher router models.

A lot of people would be happy to see the underlined text in their router's new FW release:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-01 00:17:04

@terziyski 

Surprisingly it hasnt received updates since its first factory release (2018)

Could Tp-link  add the bandwidth limiter to the C58HP? Please, and make some improvements to the "Traffic Monitor"  to show the network bandwidth use values smoother, clear and precise at (really) real-time refreshing  (like models like Archer C80/TL-WR844N, i have these two too),   and not values showed erratic and freezed

Could i get a ticket to request a solution to this problems??

Options
2022-02-01 00:37:53

@GeorKhawam 

TP-Link decides when to issue a new FW release. Usually FW releases are more than only the initial one (as it is with C58HP).

On question 'Why' could be answered by their support engineers.

You can file a feature request here:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-01 14:29:30

@terziyski   Thank you,  didn't know there was a subforum of feature requests  yeswink  i'm going there

Options