Extending wifi with ethernetbackhoul using ax73 as main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-20 12:20:42 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:42:07
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20231023 rel.42641(4555)

Hey,

I have ax73 as router and source for wifi. Lately family has complained about wifi speeds in kitchen. Living room is next to it with ethernet connection as a possibility. I wanted to extend the existing wifi to get better wifi speeds in kitchen. (Under 100Mbit/s down and up. I am seeking 500+ both up and down).

I was already sold Deco M4 as a solution, but I cannot get it to work as a satellite router with easymesh. Maybe I need to return it as I still can for a week or so.

I do not have good spots elsewhere than the living room for another wifi source. TP-link wifi extenders tend be plugged directly to power socket, but I do not have ethernet source, good wifi or suitable power socket for one. I was thinking about tplink archer ax23 for easymesh, but I am not allowed to have "any box with horns sticking out in living room" nor am I allowed to wire cat6 around rooms.

I am not experienced with wifi setups or possibilities and have been trying to educate myself, but I am not sure how I should proceed.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extending wifi with ethernetbackhoul using ax73 as main router-Solution
2024-02-21 09:10:40 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:42:07

@bdre 

These are different mesh technologies - they can't be mixed together - details.

If the Deco units cover whole your premises you can disable the router wireless radio.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Extending wifi with ethernetbackhoul using ax73 as main router
2024-02-20 12:59:18

@bdre 

If you have already Deco M4 you can use them in AP mode (wireless/wired backhaul) - details.

If you decide to return Deco and use AX23, you can build an Easymesh between AX73 and AX23 with a wireless/wired backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Extending wifi with ethernetbackhoul using ax73 as main router
2024-02-21 08:43:10

@terziyski  thank you for fast answer. I have the deco in ap mode, but can't get it to extend the existing WiFi. Deco creates it's own.

Not sure if I don't know how to set it up properly or it is just how it will be.

Options
Re:Extending wifi with ethernetbackhoul using ax73 as main router-Solution
2024-02-21 09:10:40 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:42:07

@bdre 

These are different mesh technologies - they can't be mixed together - details.

If the Deco units cover whole your premises you can disable the router wireless radio.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 3

Related Articles