No Light on all 4 DECO M4 (after it starts and its white)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-08 10:30:54
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 Build 20210916 Rel. 56193

All of a sudden like 2 hours ago all 4 DECOs lost internet connection but I could still see the SSID on my laptop nad phone. The issue is that none of the lights are on and while I have tried to 

• change plug socket
  • change ethernet cable
  • change main deco (which I couldn't as the app keeps saying that there was an error) 

I can see it on the phone and connect to it but somehow there is no connection from the deco4 to the main router. I have tried to reset it but nothing happens when I press the reset button which is very strange. 

Any help is appreciated as it is very difficukt to grasp that all 4 DECO have the same issue. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:No Light on all 4 DECO M4 (after it starts and its white)
2022-02-08 11:33:12

@markpace501 

Hi, I check on the cloud server, and somehow I still see your Deco M4 is online.

So I guess everything is back to normal or have you tried something to fix this issue already?

Since you mentioned some errors on the APP, can I have a screenshot of it?

As for the LED lights, since Deco supported LED control, have you enabled it before?

And after reset, you mentioned nothing happen, were you saying all the LED lights on 4 units were still off?

By the way, did anything unusual happen about 2 hours ago, like a power outage?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:No Light on all 4 DECO M4 (after it starts and its white)
2022-02-08 11:58:38

@TP-Link 

thank you very much for your prompt response. I think something must have happened maybe a change in the electricity current that made an affect to the DECO? That could be plausible but this is the first time that after switching them off and on again after 2 minutes that the light comes yellow, then white and then completely off. The reset button wasn't working but then I figured out I needed to wait for the light to be completely switched off and then it works.

So technically had to reset all 4 of them one by one and re configure them which was very strange. They are all updated to the latest firmware version. It took me some time to figure out what was happening as I couldn't find any videos on what to do "when there is no light" on the DECO M4R but at least it is sorted now. :) 

Thanks again for taking th time to respond.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 2599

Replies: 2

Related Articles