Archer AX73 v2 firmware update is buggy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 15:37:08
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V2

Never had problems until I updated firmware to V2.

Explain this to me:

1- Router assigned a LAN connection to an Amazon Echo device that only functions on wireless.

2- Router bumps out Amazon Echo streaming after running from 50 to 60 minutes. All my Amazon Echo devices are all less than 5 meters fron the friggin' router! (This never happened before I updated to firmware version V2)

3- Can I go back to firmware V1?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 v2 firmware update is buggy
2022-02-11 01:42:02

Ticoune wrote

Never had problems until I updated firmware to V2.

Explain this to me:

1- Router assigned a LAN connection to an Amazon Echo device that only functions on wireless.

2- Router bumps out Amazon Echo streaming after running from 50 to 60 minutes. All my Amazon Echo devices are all less than 5 meters fron the friggin' router! (This never happened before I updated to firmware version V2)

3- Can I go back to firmware V1?

@Ticoune Can you explain what does it mean upgrade to firmware version V2? Do you mean this one on the local official website? This one is built for CA version but not US version:

As for the first issue "Router assigned a LAN connection to an Amazon Echo device that only functions on wireless.", do you mean the router recognizes one of the Echo as a wired client? Can you confirm are all the Echos connecting to the AX73 network directly but not connecting via some other access points which are connected to the AX73 by cable?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-11 03:54:32

@Kevin_Z 

firmware update: 1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel.74632(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX73 v1.0

Model NO AX73(US)

SN :  220A4S6002272

Yes, the router assigned a LAN connection to a wireless only device.

That was extremely weird as well as impossible. 

I only have this router and it mainly serves 12 Amazon Echos and 8 Chromecast Audios.

Never had any problems with the Chromecasts but this one Echo was assigned a LAN connection

by the Ax73. I know that it is not physically possible but the Router did assign that kind of connection

(at least the software of the Router made an assignment mistake)

I've never had any problems with the Router before... but since I updated the firmware... my Echos have been

experiencing interruptions in streaming. Never had any problems for the past 12 months!

Options
2022-02-11 12:49:46

Hello @Ticoune, thank you for getting back.

I believe all the Echos and Chromecast audios are connecting to the AX73 2.4GHz network, am I right? Please check the 2.4GHz wireless settings on the AX73, how about the channel and channel width, security? Please try modifying the channel to a clear one then changing channel width to 40MHz, choose the wireless security as WPA2-PSK [AES], change the Mode to 802.11b/g/n mixed, then reboot the router to confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-11 17:27:37

@Kevin_Z 

I made some of the changes you recommended (Notice that all my echos and my Chromecast Audios are on my 5ghz and always have been) and have been enjoying 5 hours of streaming uninterrupted music on my echos.

This is what I changed: on the 2.4ghz

Channel width: 40mhz

and I set the channel on # 1

as well as 802.11  b/g/n mixed

(the 2.4ghz network had been on auto and 802.11  b/g/n/ax mixed)

I do have to tell you that the AX73 might be at its maximum limit. I does service 70 devices.

Everything in my house is serviced by the Router-Alexa-Chromecast angle. The only thing that isn't

connected to the network might be when I flush the toilet!

Thanks for the help.

Options