Deco E4 speed fluctuating between 0 and 50Mb/sec

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-15 20:11:50
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

I need some help. Installed 2 Deco E4s, one linked to the wifi router via ethernet cable and another one 6 meters from it, with the PC another 3 meters from that. The wifi router's transmitting roughly 500MB/sec by default, but even the main deco fluctuates between 0 and 50MB/sec as per the Deco app. In practice it means every third second there is an outage when the data transmission is at 0 then it goes back to 50. That shouldn't be happening, should it? I've re-established the network a couple of times, tried with only 1 deco, tried access point, but to no avail.

Without the deco network my wifi can't cope well with the blind spots, but at least the speed is stable, if slow. With the network it's faster but makes work impossible due to the outage every third second.

Router (living room) - linked with ethernet cable to Main Deco E4 - linked to nearby Deco E4 in hall - PC 3 meters from that.

Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E4 speed fluctuating between 0 and 50Mb/sec
2022-02-16 08:49:41

@PeterE 

Hi,  Did you notice the fluctuating speed under here, Or actually via a speed test?

if it is on the above picture, have you ever checked the speed on the clients themselves to see whether the speed is unstable as well?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-16 18:07:09

@TP-Link 

I noticed it when typing something via remoting onto my work environment, there was a lag of 1 sec every 3 seconds. I now realise I erroneously referred to the app's data traffic screen to illustrate the point, but the problem unfortunately is real. I switched the decos around and rebuilt the network, but to no avail.

Options
2022-02-16 18:09:17

@TP-Link 

When checking the built in speed test it fluctuates between 5 and 50 Mbs/sec

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 3

Related Articles