Archer C80 - Valorant packet loss, any tips on troubleshooting?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-16 20:37:19 - last edited 2022-02-17 12:01:47
Model: Archer C1900  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0

I seem to be getting blips of packet loss when playing valorant and I am finding it quite frustrating. However, I'm even more annoyed that I can't seem to trouble shoot it. Any suggestions or settings I should tweak to help fix this?

I've restarted

set DNS to google (won't affect packets but worth a shot)

disabled NAT boost

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C80 - Valorant packet loss, any tips on troubleshooting?
2022-02-17 08:38:46

Hello @relish, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can you please confirm how does the computer connect to the C80? BTW, are you playing Valorant on the PC or on a mobile?

Meanwhile, please also follow this guide to determine if there is a ping spike when connected to the C80 network:

What should I do if I get high ping?

When you are playing Valorant, are there any other devices connecting to the C80 network? Please check also if there is any high load on those devices.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-17 09:18:23 - last edited 2022-02-17 12:06:41

@Kevin_Z 

I've split the network into 5ghz/2.4ghz and my PC is the only one connected to the 5ghz.

Its connected through wifi so I'm expecting fluctuations but I'm not sure why I'm getting packet loss and blips of 100+ms (literally 1 second spikes). (Total of 7 clients connected to the router)

There shouldn't be any strain on the 5ghz network and I've even moved into a free WiFi channel (Used to be in 36 but realized this was being shared).

I've rebooted the router but still hasnt fixed it, looking for ways to know if its a router issue or valorant issue. Thank you.

Would also like to mention that I updated the firmware recently, not sure if its a coincidence that im getting issues now or not.

Options
2022-02-18 07:45:14

relish wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I've split the network into 5ghz/2.4ghz and my PC is the only one connected to the 5ghz.

Its connected through wifi so I'm expecting fluctuations but I'm not sure why I'm getting packet loss and blips of 100+ms (literally 1 second spikes). (Total of 7 clients connected to the router)

There shouldn't be any strain on the 5ghz network and I've even moved into a free WiFi channel (Used to be in 36 but realized this was being shared).

I've rebooted the router but still hasnt fixed it, looking for ways to know if its a router issue or valorant issue. Thank you.

Would also like to mention that I updated the firmware recently, not sure if its a coincidence that im getting issues now or not.

@relish Can I know the brand and model of the adapter that is running on the PC which is connected to the 5GHz network? How about the link speed? Be sure it is running with the latest driver version.

Except for the Valorant issue, do you have any other issue that can be easily aware of? Can I have the current 5GHz wireless settings on the C80? You can mask the name and password for any security concerns. Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-18 16:45:22

@Kevin_Z adapter is Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz, updated to the most recent driver. Not sure what you mean by link speed, speeds are around 100 down, 10 up.

I dont seem to have any other issues but to be fair, I've only been playing Valorant (PC Game).

I've disabled NAT boost

I've disabled uPnP

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1139

Replies: 4

Related Articles