Deco E4R interoperability with M4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-19 23:13:25
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm using an E4 approximately 20metres from the main router hub. The E4 is connected by an Ethernet cable. The latençy on video calls is not as good as the other M4s which are 1 metre in the main house.

Any suggestions I could do to improve the performance to the E4.

background information

Using a VM 100mb connection in modem mode.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco E4R interoperability with M4R
2022-02-22 06:58:15

@nicktibb 

Hi, when you said “not good as satellite Deco M4 that is about 1 meter away”, can you have more details about the latency on the video call, such as how long it will be delayed?

If you test the speed on satellite E4, Would there be a huge difference in the speed between satellite E4 and M4?

Please also turn off the “Mesh Technology” of the mobile client on the Deco APP that is used for video calls.

Options
2022-02-22 10:22:00

@TP-Link 
Thanks for responding. I will check the latency when I am next on a MS Teams call. The effect is a couple of seconds delay between the audio and the video image. 

How can I configure a device to point to a different Deco unit in the mobile android app?

TP-Link wrote

@nicktibb 

Hi, when you said “not good as satellite Deco M4 that is about 1 meter away”, can you have more details about the latency on the video call, such as how long it will be delayed?

If you test the speed on satellite E4, Would there be a huge difference in the speed between satellite E4 and M4?

Please also turn off the “Mesh Technology” of the mobile client on the Deco APP that is used for video calls.

Speed test on the M4R is 23.55Mbps, 23ping ms, E4R is 7.98Mbps, 19ping ms. The E4R is about 15meters in distance with a Cat5 cable to a VM router (modem only mode) on a 100mb connection

Re Mesh Tech feature - yes I have turned that off, and that seems to have improved performance to a Internet TV at the building which is 15meters away from the VM router

Thanks

Options
2022-02-23 07:22:10

@nicktibb 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

Currently, it is not supported to manually choose which Deco to connect on the clients but there is already a plan to add this feature along with the firmware upgrade.

I see there are 4*Deco M4s and 1*Deco S4 under your TP-Link ID, and I guess your network layout is something like:

ISP--Virgin Media bridge modem---main Deco M4----15m cable-----S4, other 3* satellite M4s are all wirelessly connected.

and the speed test here: M4R is 23.55Mbps, 23ping ms, E4R is 7.98Mbps, 19ping ms.

the "M4R" here, Is it the wireless satellite unit that is closest to Deco E4R?

Did you only test the 2.4ghz speed and would the 5ghz get a little better?

Options
2022-02-23 18:52:09
Hi There are 2 M4s, and 1E4 1M4 is located next to VM router/mofem 1M4 is in a 1st floor room 8 metres away from router/modem E4 is carried by Cat5 cable in a garden building, approximately 20m away from router/modem. 5g would not work because of the distance. I'll wait for the next patch to assign devices to deco unit . Thanks for your support
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 924

Replies: 6

Related Articles