When will source selection be available for S4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-26 17:23:57
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I bought a S4 3 pack to replace my Nova setup, but it's just so much worse, the last node is determine to connect to the first node (480Mbps) instead of the much close second node (300Mbps) and resulting in speeds of 2.4Meg instead of the 300+ I was getting with Nova.  The signal strength of the 3rd node connecting to the first is on 1bar, why the hell isn't it connecting to the second node which is only 10 foot away instead of the first node which is at least 25 feet away and behind a wall.  When will this firmware update be available to set the source?  If not soon I'll have to return this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:When will source selection be available for S4?
2022-02-28 12:10:14

@SpitefulG 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

Since the current firmware does not support signal source selection, I hope you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. A screenshot of the signal source on the last node.

2. A picture of your network layout about the distance and location of each Deco unit.

later the engineer could help us to reselect the best signal source.

Thank you again.

Options
Re:When will source selection be available for S4?
2022-03-01 08:29:48

@SpitefulG Don't have hopes, they are supporting only M5 currently and the remote session they will do with you will not do almost anything.

Right now I am having maybe 15th session since the beginning of the year. They was unable to solve my problems with the "high-end" M9 Plus, so I invested much money to the "higest class" X90. And guess what... problems are comming again and again and they are solving it temporarary.

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options