M4s now constantly losing internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-06 07:16:20
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I have had my Deco M4 mesh running for about 2 years now and it's always been flawless. I am a Virgin Media Broadband customer and so had put the Virgin Media router into Modem mode and then set my Deco's up according (3 of them) - Network diagnostics always been excellent etc.

About a week ago though they have developed a fault where the Deco's continually lose Internet. The actual connection into the house is fine but you get the red mark saying the Deco's have no internet. First time this happened I tried rebooting everything and couldn't fix it without disabling, resetting and reconfiguring a new wifi network, this has worked for about a week but now it's happened again last night.

This time the internet will return if you reboot all the units, but it's reached the stage now where you are having to reboot the units (via the app) every 10-25 minutes.

For the time being, we have switched back the original Virgin router to handle the entire house and this is working fine (despite it's crappy range in comparison) but just wondering if someone can suggest anything to help or why this may have started to occur?

Options
2 Reply
Re:M4s now constantly losing internet
2022-03-06 07:28:12
Hi all - sorry just a note I forgot. When I rebuilt the network I moved what was the previous 'Main' unit and put one of the others in it's place to make sure, and also changed the ethernet cable into it.
Options
Re:M4s now constantly losing internet
2022-03-07 07:34:47

@bigmeanbunny 

thank you for the feedback.

There has been a firmware-1.5.4 released recently and please try to install the latest firmware to see whether it improves the current issue:

Deco M4(EU)_V2_1.5.4_220113

If the disconnection continues, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. A screenshot of the IPV4 page under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 when the LED light is flashing red.

2. What is the model number of your Virgin media router?

thank you very much.

Options