Deco M4R IPv6 in Access Point Mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-15 18:01:17 - last edited 2022-03-16 07:13:19
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 Build 20210916 Rel. 56193

I'm using my Deco M4R main unit in Access Point mode. In this mode there's no option to turn on IPv6.

My questions:

1. Is this a technical limitation? Why this option is disabled?
  2. If it's an artificial limitation (the option is not enabled in the firmware) where/how can I lobby in order to get this update into the firmware eventually?

Any background, input is highly appreciated.

(I'm using my Deco in AP mode because my ISP's IPTV media boxes seem to only function properly when connected to my ISP's GPON terminal via Ethernet.)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4R IPv6 in Access Point Mode?-Solution
2022-03-16 06:59:07 - last edited 2022-03-16 10:54:32

> Deco supports both IPV4 and IPV6 connection under Access point mode and we don't need to enable it again.

Good to know, thanks!

> As long as the main router is capable of IPV6 traffic, Deco will forward the correct settings to clients.

I have a laptop which receives an IPv6 address when connected via Ethernet to my main router (Sagemcom F@ST 5670), but my laptop does not receive an IPv6 address when I'm connected to my Deco running in AP mode connected to the main router via Ethernet also. What am I doing wrong? :O

Edit:

Actually, scratch that: I have seen this behavior on my Windows 10 laptop (having a built-in Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 network adapter). But my MacBook Air does receive an IPv6 address correctly ... weird.

Edit2:

Actually scratch this last one too: I needed to disable/enable my wifi adapter in Windows' adapter settings and now I'm getting IPv6 addresses everywhere. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4R IPv6 in Access Point Mode?
2022-03-16 05:31:58

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco supports both IPV4 and IPV6 connection under Access point mode and we don't need to enable it again.

As long as the main router is capable of IPV6 traffic, Deco will forward the  correct settings to clients.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M4R IPv6 in Access Point Mode?-Solution
2022-03-16 06:59:07 - last edited 2022-03-16 10:54:32

> Deco supports both IPV4 and IPV6 connection under Access point mode and we don't need to enable it again.

Good to know, thanks!

> As long as the main router is capable of IPV6 traffic, Deco will forward the correct settings to clients.

I have a laptop which receives an IPv6 address when connected via Ethernet to my main router (Sagemcom F@ST 5670), but my laptop does not receive an IPv6 address when I'm connected to my Deco running in AP mode connected to the main router via Ethernet also. What am I doing wrong? :O

Edit:

Actually, scratch that: I have seen this behavior on my Windows 10 laptop (having a built-in Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 network adapter). But my MacBook Air does receive an IPv6 address correctly ... weird.

Edit2:

Actually scratch this last one too: I needed to disable/enable my wifi adapter in Windows' adapter settings and now I'm getting IPv6 addresses everywhere. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1196

Replies: 8

Related Articles