iPad wifi no intermittent internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-07 18:09:50
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.63820(5553)

Hello, I've had issues with my internet for awhile.  I've replaced my router, ISP, checked wiring and I can't seem to narrow down what my issue is.  I bought an Ethernet tester so I could check my cables.  All is good.  My set up now is Hiltron router to AX20 wan port I also have my wife's work computer hardwired to the Hiltron because this issue was affecting her.  I have 3 Deco E4's hardwired through a switches to the AX20 on each floor.  I have a streaming devices hardwired back to the AX20 either a switch in between.  I have a plex server hardwired to the AX20.  So I have 3 switches connected.  So my wireless devices are connected to the decos I don't use the wifi on the AX20 because of its location in the house.  Everyday, multiple times.  I can't access the internet.  I can access my plex server and the ax1800.  The iPad wifi says no internet under the network.  I've given my iPad a static ip and a different dns.  The problem resolved itself after a few minutes.  This doesn't affect my hardwire devices anymore but did before I got the ax1800.  when the issue happens I've done a speed test on a hardwire device and all is good.  My old net gear router would actually freeze and I'd have to reboot.   I've had issues with the Decos, with unifi AP's, netgear, linksys.  My Decos are setup in AP mode.  My DHCP is 100-200 and my iPad is statice at 10.  Any thoughts?

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:iPad wifi no intermittent internet
2022-04-14 08:01:33

@Imee1976 

Can you confirm this issue only happens on the iPad? How about other wireless clients, such as other phones or laptops, are they connecting stably?

As per your description, you are not using the wifi on the AX20, but only connecting to the Deco E4 via wifi, so can I say the internet on the AX20 is stable? Or you'd better determine this first.

Regarding the iPad disconnection, what if you change the IP settings to get from the router automatically, will it connect fine? As for the wireless settings on the Deco E4, I would suggest you try the following:

Changing the Wireless Settings on your Deco app

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-14 11:29:04

@Imee1976  the issue is on all wireless devices and happens on the ax20

Options
2022-04-18 08:23:36

@Imee1976 

I want to confirm again, is the wireless on the AX20 also not stable? How about the internet LED on the AX20 when the internet drops, will it change to orange/red? This is very important when determining if the issue lies in the internet WAN or LAN.

Please try to run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone or laptop to review all the wireless networks around you, are there many networks broadcasting in the same channel? 

What if you remove the Deco E4 and only connect to the AX20, will you get a stable connection, wired and wirelessly?

BTW, are all the three Deco E4s running as AP mode or router mode? How about the LEDs on them when the internet drops?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 3

Related Articles