Having a problem with the speed Deco M9 Plus (Upload and Download)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-26 05:51:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have installed 2 of the 3 PCs from the Deco M9 Plus (the main one is connected to LAN cable in the living room and the other one is in the bedroom) .After I finished configuring the network, I can see that if I do a quick Internet test, I can get 200 mega, and 70 mega upload. Thank you very much, by the way. 

The Internet I have is 1GB. If I was to try it again, I could get 4 - 20 mega downloads at the most and 70 mega uploads at the worst. That's down from 200 mega downloads and 70 mega uploads! In addition to that, the house has only one floor and the distance from the main decoration is not that great, so what can I do? It is very disappointing to me... It's very disappointing because when I go to the deco app and do a speedtest from the bedroom with the second deco, i get great results 550 Mega download, and 105 Upload; however, when I go to the speedtest app by Ookla , I get dissapointing results. How can this be? Could you please assist me? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Having a problem with the speed Deco M9 Plus (Upload and Download)?
2022-04-27 08:29:10

@BaposDo 

Welcome to the community.

The "Test internet speed" under Deco>More, is testing the bandwidth from the ISP modem to the main Deco.

So currently, the subscribed internet bandwidth is 1G from ISP, and the speedtest via Deco APP is 550m/s- download, and 105m/s- upload. And when you run the speed via Okala on the device itself, the best you could get is 200m/s-download and 70m/s- upload.

Do I get all the details correct?

If yes, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Please go to Deco APP>HomeCare>QoS and make sure it is disabled or the total bandwidth is set to 1000/1000m/s.

2. Can you fetch a computer to connect to the main Deco and test the wired speed on the laptop?

3. Please turn off the 2.4ghz under Wi-Fi and leave 5ghz only to see whether the speed could be better.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 1

Related Articles