Deco W7200 connects everything to internet EXCEPT Playstation 5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 14:51:09
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210519 Rel. 36502

Hey everyone,

Just set up the W7200 last week and everything connects fine to the internet, Xfinity (max speed plan) except the PS5 in the household. 46 current linked devices with no issue. I've found this link listing possible solutions: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588?fbclid=IwAR0zGC-E1t761RbCfZxCYgHvcY_ChJjHMNS2_vIZSC3H8kQ-qYOoYE6BzwE

However, I can't get to that router management screen to test that out. When I go to tplinkwifi.net and try to log in, I get a new browser page that states that my device must be connected to TP-Link Router's network. I've tried this from 2 separate PCs, and get the same error every time. 

When I log in via the IP, I get a set of data screens that show me the Network Map and Advanced tabs, but they don't provide the wireless setting mode, channel, or wireless security options that are listed in the above link. I've also tried manipulating everything I can in the DECO app on Android, with no success for getting the PS5 connected. It shows a successful connection to the access point, but a failure when connecting to the internet every time. There's nothing in my blocked list on the app, either.

Any suggestions on either how I can get to the screens in the above link, or alternatively how I can get the PS5 connected? Thank you!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco W7200 connects everything to internet EXCEPT Playstation 5
2022-05-03 07:52:28 - last edited 2022-05-03 07:53:58

@Laynexsiren 

welcome to the community.

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1.enable UPNP under Deco APP>More>Advanced>UPNP.

2. change the DNS server on the Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4:How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-03 13:00:04

@David-TP Thanks for the reply! I actually got on a chat with TP-Link yesterday, and we explored nearly every option individually, including your suggestions. The few that we didn't try while chatting I looked up and tried myself later on. I still have no resolution to this sadly, but the issue has now been sent over to the senior engineers and I'm waiting for a reply once the holiday ends. Hopefully we'll get a resolution that way!

Options
2022-05-03 15:40:25

@Laynexsiren 

You can try this: bring Satellite Deco to where PS5 is, and connect them by Ethernet cable. See if that works and PS5 gets Internet connection when wired.

Not sure if this is one of the options you've tried already, but if not - give it a try.

Options
2022-05-03 15:58:11

@Alexandre. I just tried this and successfully got through to the internet via LAN, even got the notification from the DECO app that the PS5 connected. I then tried to connect again via wifi, and still received a failure.

Unfortunately, due to the layout of the home and the fact that there are actually 2 PS5s on the property and both are experiencing this issue, I can't move the router and satellite to positions to LAN in with the consoles without leaving a good 1/3 of the home without wifi access. For testing purposes, connecting via LAN works beautifully, but it's sadly not going to be a functional solution!

Options
2022-05-04 00:24:49

@Laynexsiren 

If nothing else works, you could buy one more Deco W7200 2-pack. I expect TP-Link Support figure why PS5 can't connect to Deco by WiFi, but this is an option. Your in house WiFi coverage will only improve from having four Deco nodes instead of two.

Options
2022-05-04 12:33:23

@Alexandre. Yeah, that's our last resort. I'm going to wait to see what the senior engineers have to offer, but if nothing comes of that, I'll be buying another 2-pack at the end of the week!

Options