Setup Deco X20 - everything works perfect - except - can't print to Brother Wireless Printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup Deco X20 - everything works perfect - except - can't print to Brother Wireless Printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-09 02:31:52 - last edited 2022-05-11 02:48:35
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I added the printer to the network (same network name and password that my netgear used - so that my 100's of devices could connect easily and all have so far.). 

It successfully added.  I tried re-adding the printer to my Mac - can't find the printer.

So the wifi is blocking the printer - how do I fix this?

Thanks,

Chris

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setup Deco X20 - everything works perfect - except - can't print to Brother Wireless Printer-Solution
2022-05-09 14:23:32 - last edited 2022-05-11 02:48:35

@rebellovw 

Ok - seems to be working.

I logged into the browser deco client - and checked the printer's mac address against the clients - I couldn't find it.  Then I checked the printer's IP address and it didn't match at all the IP addresses (subnet) of all the 17 clients we have - after a few tries reconnecting to the wifi network - the brother printer now shows up and is in the right subnet and I can print.

Weird.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Setup Deco X20 - everything works perfect - except - can't print to Brother Wireless Printer
2022-05-09 13:50:00

Anything?  Everything works - Roku, smarttvs, iphones, ipads, PC, macbook - but the wireless printer on the wifi network can't be reached by other servers.

This is basic - what is up?

Options
Re:Setup Deco X20 - everything works perfect - except - can't print to Brother Wireless Printer
2022-05-09 13:54:10

I'm frustrated because the Netgear wifi router the Deco replaced has a very rich user interface that I can access and see logs etc.  I'm sure there is something with the Deco but it isn't obvious.  The iPhone App used to set it up seems simplistic supporting very simple operations - now I have a big issue - and there is nothing on the App that seems obviously helpful.

I shouldn't have to google a solution.

Options
Re:Setup Deco X20 - everything works perfect - except - can't print to Brother Wireless Printer-Solution
2022-05-09 14:23:32 - last edited 2022-05-11 02:48:35

@rebellovw 

Ok - seems to be working.

I logged into the browser deco client - and checked the printer's mac address against the clients - I couldn't find it.  Then I checked the printer's IP address and it didn't match at all the IP addresses (subnet) of all the 17 clients we have - after a few tries reconnecting to the wifi network - the brother printer now shows up and is in the right subnet and I can print.

Weird.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 3

Related Articles