Archer AX11000 2.4GHz Band Unusable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-04 03:23:15
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

Hey all,

Just purchased this router today from Costco, and unless I can fix this tonight it will be going back tomorrow.

I currently have a 1gig line (speed test confirmed 954Mbps). Once I connect it to this router on the 2.4ghz band I am not seeing anything past 180-190Mbps. On the 5ghz band I'm getting better speeds ~600Mbps.

I've searched and tried every suggestion on this forum:

• manually setting the QoS values since the integrated speed test is faulty
  • selected certain channels and frequencies for the 2.4ghz band (1/6/11, 40mhz)
  • rebooted the router
  • rebooted the modem
  • factory restored the router

Unfortunately I cannot roll back the firmware after the latest update.

I am seeing very similar complaints on amazon / costco reviews / this forum.

Is there an inherent flaw in this router or am I grossly overlooking something? I feel like I've taken all the normal steps to troubleshoot and unfortunately I think the router is just problematic?

Either way, hopefully I can find a resolution to this or gather more intel for future users... but as of now I am out of ideas.
Appreciate any insight or advice.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 2.4GHz Band Unusable?
2022-05-10 06:11:07

Hello @WangBangBang 

Can I know what is the device connecting to the 2.4G network, and what is the link speed between them? If it is a laptop, you can check the link speed as follows:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

I would suggest you read the following story shared by TomHunt, he gave very clear instructions to check if the speed is normal:

How to know if my clients get the normal speed?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 168

Replies: 1

Related Articles