MTU Configuration Missing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-12 06:18:38 - last edited 2023-01-03 10:28:56
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

When will the MTU setting be added to the Deco configuration?

My ISP uses an MTU of 1440, therefore I am forced to use a second router between my ONT and Deco P9 with the sole purpose of setting the MTU down to 1440.

I am bewilded as to why such a simple setting is ommited from the Deco configuration while it is present on other TP-link routers which I own.

Options
2 Reply
Re:MTU Configuration Missing
2022-05-13 08:59:28 - last edited 2023-01-03 10:29:08

@alistairts 

Update:

Hi, there is already a plan to support  changing MTU on Deco and you could vote to add more support:MTU size settings

And The latest firmware for Deco X50/Deco X55 starts supporting customizing MTU size.

Early Release VPN/Static Route/MTU Firmware for Deco X50/X55

For other models, It might still need some time.

Best regards.

Options
Re:MTU Configuration Missing
2022-06-14 19:08:34

@alistairts Just an update on my situation. TP-link created a beta firmware update just for me to set my MTU at 1440. The update is working 100%, I only hope they release an official firmware update making this user configurable for all users to benefit. In a later issue, TP-link assisted me with another beta firmware update to fix the WAN auto-sensing port issue I experienced when I lose my internet connection. Basically, you lose the other LAN port when your internet connection is lost on the main unit. The provided beta firmware now sets the one port as permanently WAN, therefore the other LAN port remains functionable even without an internet connection. Thank you to Eva Liu and the TP-link support team!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 2

Related Articles