Archer C9 shows Double NAT on XBOX!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-15 08:40:53 - last edited 2022-05-15 08:56:02
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hello all, I have two routers, the Archer C9 and Archer C7,

I tried to connect both to the same gateway configured in Bridge Mode, and both routers configured the same way,

And check on both routers they have a global IP Address not a local one!

Yet the Archer C9 shows Double NAT when I check the connection on the XBOX while the C7 doesn't show the Double NAT

Any Idea what could cause that problem?

Note, Tried both routers at a time, not the two of them connected at the same time or to each other. 

Also when I disabled the NAT on the C9 the whole Internet stopped working, which I think mean that the Gateway's NAT is not working!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C9 shows Double NAT on XBOX!
2022-05-15 14:20:43 - last edited 2022-05-15 14:21:52

@Keroles 

Hi,

Obviously, if there is only one NAT router and this router has a public IP address, then there can't be a Double NAT by definition.

But anyway, have you setup port forwarding (Virtual Servers) manually or do you rely on "UPnP".

In case you rely on UPnP for the XBOX to open the ports it needs, then try this.

Open the UPnP menu on the C7 when the XBOX is connected to it and make a screenshot of the UPnP list.

Then do the same with the C9 and then compare the UPnP entries of both routers.

In case the C7's UPnP list shows entries for the XBOX's "Internal IP Address" that the C9 does not show, then there might be a problem with the C9's UPnP.

Options
Re:Archer C9 shows Double NAT on XBOX!
2022-05-16 08:34:50

@woozle Well Thank you, I'll give it a try

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 2

Related Articles