Unstable connection with M4 and no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-23 21:40:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Hello,

I recently updated my Deco systems firmware and ever since I have struggled to connect to the internet via them. The connection to the Deco is unatable - sometimes I can connect and a few seconds later I cannot.

Once connected I can connect to the internet but then I get a message saying there is no internet (and then disconnection from the Deco)

Appreciate any ideas on what I can do or if this is a firmware issue etc 

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unstable connection with M4 and no internet connection
2022-05-24 06:22:28

@phil_lawro 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did all the mobile devices randomly have this issue?

How about the Ethernet connection and will they have the same issue as well?

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1. change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.---How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

2. turn off fast roaming/beamforming under Deco APP>More>Advanced

3. disable "Mesh Technology" on the clients that dropped the connection a lot.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Unstable connection with M4 and no internet connection
2022-05-24 19:31:15
Thank you. So when I connect, I cannot connect for long enough to change the DNS settings. The most common message I get now is connected without internet or failed to connect. The Deco app says it cannot located the M4 Deco. Its all wireless devices. LAN devices working fine. Internet is available directly via router. Cannot turn off mesh - as I cannot connect.
Options