Dexo x20 causing STP and Gateway Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-24 10:00:25
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco X20(EU)_V2_1.1.3_20211103

Hi,

I am currently having issues with the Ethernet backhaul connection on the Deco X20. The Deco is currently running in access point mode as i have a separate firewall.

The Physical setup is 

Main Deco ----> Firewall (Fortigate 60F) ----> Meraki Switch (Ms64) -----> Second deco 

I have a third deco connected via wireless only.

The issues that i am seeing is that the switch port blocks the deco locall connected to it due to spanning tree. When i disable the loop protection as mentioned in your FAQs i get massive broadcast storms, the deco seems to try and advertise itself as the networks default gateway and the network comes grinding to a halt.

Can you confirm if you are aware of any issues with using Ethernet backhaul across cisco meraki switches? As the FAQ does seem to suggest some incompatability with certain switch models.

"If the Deco units are connected to a switch, please connect them directly bypassing the switch for a try. We have found that some switches (such as D-Link switches) cannot handle the Ethernet Backhaul packets between Decos properly."

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dexo x20 causing STP and Gateway Issues
2022-05-25 07:01:55

@TGoose 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Would it be possible to change the physical layout to be:

Firewall (Fortigate 60F) ----> Meraki Switch (Ms64) -----> Main X20 

\-----> Second X20

Will main X20 still broadcast itself as the network gateway?

Or based on your original setup:

Firewall (Fortigate 60F) ----> Meraki Switch (Ms64) -----> Second deco 

\---->Main X20

Is the Second Deco X20 on the Ethernet backhaul from the Main X20?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Dexo x20 causing STP and Gateway Issues
2022-05-27 10:18:38

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay i have been away for a period. So i have tried moving things around and got the back haul working across the switch which i though i had tried previously but clearly not.

So it does appear to be issues around the ethernet back haul working through the Fortgate, as while i had it pulled apart i tried two LAN ports on the Fortinet and they couldn't back haul.I will need to take a look into that. Is there any documentation on what is required for the backhaul to establish (Layer 2 broadcasts or layer 3 packets etc)?

Thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 2

Related Articles