FTP// different WAN IP than obtained in DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-12 04:09:54
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20220330 rel.33(5553)

Hi Team!

Im trying to setup an FTP to access to my files from internet, but i have the following situation.  I don't receive directly from my WISP a public IP because there is a NAT before my router. The case is that when i check on my public IP or DDNS by TP-Link, the IP is different from what my WISP told me it is. I didnt belive them (hahaha) until i could make work the VPN Server using OpenVPN with the public IP they told me to.

So now i want to access to my disc using the public IP and the extra port not being used for the VPN they open for me, but i dont find a way to put as address the public one they told me. Instead it apears the private IP from WISP or DDNS which led me to a public IP which is not correct.

Question is, How can i put manually the public IP my WISP told me to use in Internet FTP option in the router setup and if i really need to put the public IP there or anything else going on.

Thanks and regards, 

Fabricio 

Options
1 Reply
Re:FTP// different WAN IP than obtained in DDNS
2022-06-12 14:54:58

@HFC35 

Hi,

If your ISP was so kind to forward a port from the public Internet to your router's WAN IP address (which appears to be 192.168.1.2), then just enter that port number in the entry field that you've marked with the red scribble and then save it.

After that you should be able to connect to your router's USB storage from the Internet via ftp://[the public IP address the ISP told me]:[the forwarded port number]

There is one potential catch, however. In case your ISP only forwards the protocol "UDP", because you told them you want to use a VPN service that only requires UDP, then it won't work for FTP, because FTP uses "TCP".

Options