TP link TL-PA7017P - produce disconnections while plugged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-12 11:40:01
Tags: #Deconnections
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 20191101_EU_PA7017Pv4.0

Hello,

I started to have problems with my internet and after testing what could be the problem, it seems that TP link power line adapters are source of issues. If the Power line is connected to the router, internet is considerably slower (even in the "main room" while connected to the main "source" router) and it disconnects often. I tried to change cables, change position of the powerline, but it did not help. Could you tell me, where could be the problem? Power line used to work just fine until several days ago.

Just to clarify: I am not talking about "network produced by powerline", I have problems with my main network only by connecting powerline to the source of Internet.

Thank you for your help!

All the best

Tim

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP link TL-PA7017P - produce disconnections while plugged
2022-06-21 02:01:51

Hello   @Timatko 

If router become slow and unstable, it is recommended to reach router support to get some professional suggestions for troubleshooting. 

If the router has been working fine with powerline devices for a long time and the router suddenly becomes unstable, it could be an issue with router or aged router.  

If it's a new router or new powerline kit, you could plug powerline unit into the wall socket, and plug router to a power strip and somewhere further away from powerline device. 

To help isolate the issue, try to unplug powerline device and try to connect the same amount of network devices to the router and see if the router could stably. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 290

Replies: 1

Tags

Deconnections
Related Articles