Cannot change signal source. 3rd device on mesh not working right

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-15 14:52:06 - last edited 2022-06-16 02:36:00
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20220113 Rel. 38349

I've been facing issues with the setup. My 3rd device keeps connecting to the main deco and not the one closer to it. 

Due to this, my 500Mbps connection drops to 10Mbps. I went through all settings in the app but there is no way to change the source signal to the main deco. This has been causing a lot of trouble in my daily workflow. 

Does anyone know a way around this? I tried blocking my first device and rebooting the 3rd device. It connected to the nearer satellite for a while but switched back to the main router. 

I've updated to the latest firmware and still don't seem to be able to fix this. Any solution for this?

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot change signal source. 3rd device on mesh not working right
2022-06-16 03:09:35

@krk 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you still remember how much speed on the 3rd Deco when it is linked to the nearer satellite M4, not the main M4?

Can I have a screenshot of the signal source on the 3rd Deco?

Would it be possible to share a picture of your detailed network layout about the location and distance of each Deco unit like the topology mentioned here?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 296

Replies: 1

Related Articles