AXE5300 internal WiFi devices not working while internet was down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-07 17:25:48 - last edited 2022-07-07 18:39:14
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20220429 Rel. 1970

Yesterday my internet was down all day. While connected to WiFi, I tried connecting to my Ecobee and iAqualink, both devices that operate through the local network and I was unable to connect during the Spectrum internet outage. After the internet was restored, all devices on my network started working fine again. These devices do not require an internet connection to access them and should be accessible regardless of internet status.

How come I wasn't able to connect to these devices while on WiFi even though the internet was down? Is there a way to fix this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AXE5300 internal WiFi devices not working while internet was down
2022-07-08 03:34:17

@FirmwareBroke 

Hi, are both Ecobee and iAqualink connected via Wi-Fi, not via Ethernet connection to Deco?

I see some discussion on Reddit that there will be limited control over Echobee(I supposed it is the same as iAqualink):

https://www.reddit.com/r/ecobee/comments/vdp8kv/will_ecobee_work_without_an_internet_connection/

So May I know when the internet service went done, how do you want to access the Ecobee and iAqualink?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:AXE5300 internal WiFi devices not working while internet was down
2022-07-08 03:42:22 - last edited 2022-07-10 19:16:33

@David-TP 

everything is connected via Wi-Fi. It said the ecobee and iAquaLink were offline when internet was down, it didn't allow limited connectivity options.

I tested this again for safe measure. I unplugged my cable model power and tried connecting to my ecobee and iaqualink. Both should connect with basic functionality but neither responds when trying to access the device through the apps. I should be able to adjust the temp of the ecobee while internet is disconnected, but I can't even do that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 2

Related Articles