RE450 VER4 will not detect 5Ghz SID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-19 15:49:30
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 210531 Rel.34858n (6585)

I have also see other say exaclty the same thing without tp-link giving an actual fix. The complaints ive seen get abandoned 

For me 

Can only see 2.4GHZ in the router
I have changed and tried all the channels 
Distatance good and direct.
Defaulted settings 
Done firmware updates 

This product simply does not work as described. Could of got some other brand half the price and it would of actually WORKED 

Whats the isssue with this unit. Whats the fix. (no published fiixes work) 

1. Please provide the resoluton 

Or 

2. Publicllly announce this unit does not work as described and RECALL IT 

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 VER4 will not detect 5Ghz SID
2022-07-19 15:51:52
This unit wil see the 2.4Ghz SID broadcast on my home router. But it wont see my 5Ghz SID
Options
Re:RE450 VER4 will not detect 5Ghz SID
2022-07-20 06:27:17 - last edited 2022-07-20 06:31:45

Hello   @TechEditor1 

It's good to know you have tried some tips in troubleshooting guide here 
[Troubleshooting] TP-Link Range Extender is not detecting the 5GHz Signal of the Main Router

Most of the time range extender not see router's 5Ghz is due to router's 5Ghz channel as explained in the above guide, in some other cases it could be a faulty extender or something else, and there is no existing known issue for this model 5Ghz. 

May I know is the issue that range extender not see router's 5Ghz Wi-Fi signal during set up? Can range extender see other 5Ghz signals in the neighborhood? 

1. Please share a photo of RE scanning for 5Ghz SSID page

2. model of router

3.  a photo of router 5Ghz settings

May I know when did you purchase the extender, did the extender work with 5Ghz Wi-Fi before? Thank you.

If you have a different router or AP, you could also test if extender could see 5Ghz of a different router/AP. If you have tested another AP, and range extender not see any 5Ghz, you could reach the local retailer or local support to get a replacement first. 

For the urgent help, you could also call our hotline call our hotline or reach chat support, so they can assist directly. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 2

Related Articles