Connected but without internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-24 18:05:21
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi! 

My PC which up until recently connected to the internet via wifi through my deco network suddenly stopped having internet access although still appearing to be connected to the network. No other devices have an issue and I've tested my wifi adapter with other networks and it is working fine. What else could be the issue here and more importantly what could be a possible solution apart from an Ethernet connection. I would love to here any suggestions. Thank you! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connected but without internet access
2022-07-26 11:45:01

@elmo3334 

Hi, May I know the model number of your PC as well as the Windows OS and wireless adapter model?

Have you tried to turn off "fast roaming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it made any difference?

At the same time, could you please help me run a simple test:

1. enable the guest network with 2.4ghz only and do not set up any network security.

2. connect the PC to the guest network to see whether it could get internet access.

And please also check on the PC whether it has got the correct IP address.

Thank you very much.

Best regard.

Options
Re:Connected but without internet access
2022-08-08 10:49:47 - last edited 2022-08-08 10:51:34

@David-TP 

Hi David! 

First off thanks for responding. I really appreciate any help I can get here. 

I've attached a pic of my pc specs. The wireless adapter I'm using for this device is a D-link DWA-172. 

Fast roaming is disabled and I attempted your two suggestions. The ip is set to dynamic. 

After certain tests with my other devices (laptop mostly) I'm starting to think that the culprit is the adapter, but I'm not sure. Recently I cannot even seemingly connect to the wifi without internet access (like I use to). Also I cannot connect to a Hotspot via my mobile phone anymore. 

It seems that the adapter can see my network perfectly fine (5/5 bars) but can't connect. 

What could you suggest other than an Ethernet cable fix here? 

File:
IMG_20220726_174015_edit_612002279730051.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 2

Related Articles