I had a problem with the 5GHz frequency on the phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-31 16:44:50
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20201126 rel.39768

I had a problem with the 5GHz frequency on the phone, sometimes it disconnects and connects 10 seconds later. Maybe I can download the beta version of the firmware to the router somewhere?
ru version

Options
3 Reply
Re:I had a problem with the 5GHz frequency on the phone
2022-08-01 05:42:10

Hello @Rubus 

Can you confirm or observe which channel the router is broadcasting as regards the 5GHz? I would suggest trying to modify the 5G settings on the A6, you can run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone to review the 5G networks around you, then choose one that with less interference with others to observe if the connection will be more stable.

BTW, is the A6 brand new or it was working fine before? You may also refer to this article to check if it is located in a proper location:

How to place your wireless router for optimal reception and performance?

What are the devices that connect to the 5GHz? Be sure the OS version or driver version for the wireless adapter is up-to-date. How about the 2.4G and wired connection, are they stable?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-08-01 11:53:25

@Kevin_Z If I understood correctly, the router broadcasts channel 44 on it, it +- works stably. I have been using archer A6 v2 for 1 year. This problem was. The router is placed correctly, the distance is 5 meters to the phone, sometimes it is 3 meters and wifi disappears on the phone. 3 phones are connected to 5ghz. 1 on 2.4 ghz and pc cable. maybe because I have a 100 Mbit/c Internet connection and not 1000 Mbit/s?

Options
2022-08-02 06:17:41

@Rubus 

As far as I can understand, it will not make a difference whether the internet connection bandwidth is 100Mbps or 1000Mbps. What you are experiencing seems only related to the 5G wireless connection. If you install a Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone and scan for the 5G networks, is channel 44 congested? If yes, please try changing to others on the A6 to avoid interference.

Since the router has been working for more than a year, you may try to reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch to see if that makes a difference.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 3

Related Articles