AX3000 archer tx50e - Dreadfully slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-24 18:06:03
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 22.120.1.9

Recently bought this add in card as haven't been able to run cables to the PC yet.

Tried out the card and the speeds are awful! and im not using that term lightly, were looking at sub 10Mbps speeds to the internet and latency in the hundreds of milliseconds.

I've tried the usual diagnostics to no joy.

To summarize the testing:

Clean Wifi channel on 5GHz band moved well out of range of any other Wifi Broadcasting AP's, tried 20/40/80 MHz channel width all with dreadful results

I've moved my AP to within 10ft of the antenna's with clear LOS and still speeds are awful.

The internet speed isn't an issue cabled devices can get in excess of 500Mbps, even latency to my router spikes to the hundreds and drops frequently.

I've rest the device reinstalled all drivers and software to no joy.

I'm at a loss, any help is appreciated.

Ta

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX3000 archer tx50e - Dreadfully slow speeds
2022-08-25 01:14:58 - last edited 2022-08-26 02:56:08

Hello @TommyK_Ketchup 

It's a nice step to try some suggestions here for adapter slow speed: How to improve the speed of TP-Link wireless adapters

• Make sure you have tried the latest official driver for Archer TX50E 
  • You could try this latest Intel chipset driver for TX50E/ TX3000E 
  • Disable other Wi-Fi network adapters except TP-link adapter
  • If the speed is extremely slow, I 'd recommend checking if the antennas have been properly installed for the PICE adapter , adjust the direction of antennas or you could try a different PCI slot and see if that makes any difference.
  • If still the same, can you help confirm some case detailed here and we would like to escalate your case

1). the Wifi speed and Wifi Link speed of TP-Link adapter & Speed on a different network device at the same location  How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client.

2) the driver version and computer system information by referring to How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

3). the model number of your router.

Thanks

Options
2022-08-25 14:06:46

Hi  @Solla-topee,

I've tried both your offical drivers and the latest intel ones both with poor results.

I've tried tightening and loosening the antenna's both with very similar results to within an margin of error.

Tried another PCI slot with no difference.

In response to the questions below:

1)Link speed is 260Mbps apparently, but latency and speed are no where near this.

iPhone in the same location can achieve in excess of 150Mbps and low latency.

Throughput on teh PC is 32Mbps  

2) Driver version:

Firmware Version: 22.120.1.9

PC is windows 10 Pro

3) Router is a Mikrotik CCR1016

Options
2022-08-26 02:52:26 - last edited 2022-08-26 02:55:49

Hi  @TommyK_Ketchup 

Thanks a lot for more case details. To better assist with your case, I'd like to escalate your case through support email, please check your email inbox TKID220831456

• Disable other Wi-Fi network adapters except TP-link adapter

Are the provided link speed, and speedtest result on mobile and PC are all for 5Ghz Wi-Fi band? 

-May I double-check if the slow speed issue is with 5Ghz Wi-Fi band only, or the same both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Wi-Fi band? Or  will 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi speed faster? 
- Mikrotik CCR1016 seems to be a wired router, may I know the model of wireless router or AP and the detailed network topology 
e.g. ISP--Mikrotik CCR1016-<Ethernet>-AP model X <Wireless> PC
If possible, you could also test the new TX50E with a different computer and see if that makes any difference
Options