Configure 2nd Deco Unit Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-14 08:52:29 - last edited 2023-09-11 11:29:35
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My question is if I somehow can configure my 2nd Deco Unit  WiFi Backhaul to communicate with my 3rd Deco Unit instead of my Main Deco Unit.

The reason is that the distance to my 3rd Unit is shorter that the distance to my main Unit and therefore the WiFi signal is stronger.

See attached Network Design.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Configure 2nd Deco Unit Backhaul-Solution
2022-09-14 13:50:39 - last edited 2023-09-11 11:29:35

@HakanL 

TP-Link gradually releases firmware that allows to configure where Satellite Deco connects. It is possible they already have beta firmware for X60. You can PM @David-TP , it is TP-Link Deco Support which shares beta firmware with users.

You will only need to install it on your Satellite Deco #2.

Another option:

Your 2nd Deco will connect to 3rd Deco, if WiFi connection to Main Deco becomes very weak. To weaken that connection, place WiFi blocking material near 2nd Deco, in the line between it and Main Deco. That could be as simple as metal tray, or few layers of household foil. You can do the same near Main Deco. You can even wrap sides of Main Deco (not top and not vents) with layers of foil, till 2nd Deco can't connect to it.

When 2nd Deco establishes link to 3rd Deco, you can remove that WiFi blocking material, the link should stay till you reboot Satellite Decos or they experience power loss.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Configure 2nd Deco Unit Backhaul-Solution
2022-09-14 13:50:39 - last edited 2023-09-11 11:29:35

@HakanL 

TP-Link gradually releases firmware that allows to configure where Satellite Deco connects. It is possible they already have beta firmware for X60. You can PM @David-TP , it is TP-Link Deco Support which shares beta firmware with users.

You will only need to install it on your Satellite Deco #2.

Another option:

Your 2nd Deco will connect to 3rd Deco, if WiFi connection to Main Deco becomes very weak. To weaken that connection, place WiFi blocking material near 2nd Deco, in the line between it and Main Deco. That could be as simple as metal tray, or few layers of household foil. You can do the same near Main Deco. You can even wrap sides of Main Deco (not top and not vents) with layers of foil, till 2nd Deco can't connect to it.

When 2nd Deco establishes link to 3rd Deco, you can remove that WiFi blocking material, the link should stay till you reboot Satellite Decos or they experience power loss.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 1

Related Articles