Difference between Archer a6 V3 and V4.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 13:38:52
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does anyone know the difference between Archer A6  V3 and V4 in the processor side?

From the specifications, I can see that in V3 it's a Dual-Core CPU, but in V4 its only written 1.2 GHz CPU.

For V3 from other forums, I found that its a MediaTek processor. Does anyone know what processor is used in v4?

Which one would be better for 24x7 powered on usage?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Difference between Archer a6 V3 and V4.
2022-09-26 19:27:51

@tech007 

Looks like this information isn't available on the Internet yet.

However, given the pricing of the A6 (and its sister model C6) my guess is that V4 still uses a MediaTek chipset, just a newer one. Potentially TP-Link might have switched the A6/C6 to the same chipset they already use in router's like the C64 and C80.

These lower-end routers usually don't draw a lot of power during normal operation. Probably less than 5 W.

You can check www<dot>tpcdb>dot>com/list.php?type=11 to get an idea. 

So, in best case you might be able to save another Watt by selecting a certain router version, which will save you maybe 1 KWh per month.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1461

Replies: 1

Related Articles