Deco M4 and Switch compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 09:32:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.5

Hello. I have 3x Deco M4. They are set-up and working well with my Vodafone router. Currently they are connected via wifi only, but the signal isn't strong enough around all parts of the house. Previously they were connected to ethernet points, which are served by a network switch. However, the Deco network won't work if there is any connection to that network switch and the ethernet points - so i think there is a problem with that Switch (it isn't a Tp-link product).

Do I need to buy a new network switch in order to fix this issue? If so, can anyone advise on which TP-link switch would be most suited for this. The set-up I would use would be Vodafone router -> connected to main deco (M4) -> Connected into the network switch -> then 2x other Deco M4s PLUS 3x desktop iMacs connected to ethernet ports around the house.

I was looking at this model: TL-SG1008MP - as it is in my price range, and has the required number of gigabit ports.

Appreciate any advice on this. It's all very new to me so I'm struggling a bit!!

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and Switch compatibility
2022-10-12 11:40:26

@Heilan_Chris 

Start with this TP-Link Deco FAQ document, specifically "Q3: Which switch models support Ethernet backhaul?" in that document: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1321

Replies: 1

Related Articles