My WiFi goes down when my modem disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-03 16:56:27
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485(4555)

Hi All

Hoping you can help.

I have Virgin Media Broadband (UK) and have set the router they provided to 'Modem Mode', the hope was that with this router I could still access my internal network if the internet ever dropped.

On the few occasions this has happened the WiFi goes down as well. I'm guessing I have a setting wrong somewhere but don't know where.

If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Options
1 Reply
Re:My WiFi goes down when my modem disconnects
2022-11-04 05:46:50

@Richiev4 

The reason why the WiFi goes down is that the modem disconnected from the network I guess. As per your description, I guess the Virgin Media connection may not be stable. You can monitor the internet LED on the AX50 router when the WiFi goes down, will that turn orange/red? If that is the case, you may get back to Virgin Media to ask for suggestions.

If they confirm the modem and the internet are stable, then try to follow Kevin's suggestions in this thread to check if you can resolve it.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 1

Related Articles