Tether can't detect Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-16 13:00:56
Tags: #Tether app
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Tether app can't detect Archer c64.

Also can't access Tplinkwifi.net or 192.168.0.1

How do I configure my Router?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tether can't detect Device
2022-11-16 14:18:36 - last edited 2022-11-17 10:47:32

@VictoLia 

Disconnect C64 from any other devices and connect your PC/laptop via C64 wireless SSID - printed on the bottom sticker (as well as its password).

After you connected, use this guide to determine your C64 IP address and open this IP address in your browser.

The credentials for the web management interface are admin/admin.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-17 09:54:05

@terziyski. Hello and thanks for replying.

For reference, I'm using my Archer C64 as a router connected to the modem of my service provider. I plan to do a 3 long connection of... Modem----Router A----Router B (Archer c64).
Now the problem I'm facing is that Archer C64 doesn't give Internet as Router B, and when I switch the routers ( Modem---Archer C64---Router A ), it doesn't pass the internet to Router A.

I read that you have to configure something in the Port of TP-Link routers for them to work, but I can't access it through Tether App or tplinkwifi.net. I'm currently connected to Archer C64 ( Modem---Archer C64 ), but still can't detect it on Tether or tplinkwifi.net.
I also found the IP address, but it brings me to my service provider setup and not TP-link.

I hope I explained my situation properly. ^^"

Options
2022-11-17 11:08:07 - last edited 2022-12-06 22:24:13

@VictoLia 

For the topology (ISP Modem LAN port <=> Archer c64 WAN port) if you see your ISP modem's IP address as a gateway, you should have set C64 in 'AP mode'. Is that correct ?

In general the connection should be: ISP Modem (LAN port) <=> Router A (WAN port) then Router A (LAN port) <=> Archer c64 (WAN port).

If you need more detailed troubleshooting it would be easier if you post more details about the C64's WAN and LAN IP settings.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 3

Tags

Tether app
Related Articles