Internet is working only in "Access Point Mode"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 11:25:10
Tags: #Access Point Mode #Internet Access problem
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Ver: 1.6

Additional information: AC1900 Wi-Fi Router Dual Band | MU-MIMO

I am Kris Paolo Advincula and I work in a U.S. military branch: U.S. Navy, and I am trying to help my friend/s to set up their new router using their computer, so they can access an Internet Connection. We followed through all the steps from the Quick Installation Guide from start to the end. At first, there were only 3 green LED lights(The power, 2.4GHZ, and 5GHz) and one orange LED light(Internet connection), so we could not use any devices with the expected Internet connection. We restart the process few times and still ended up with the same result. After several tries/troubleshoot, I tried to configure the Setting - Operation Mode and change it from Router Mode to Access Point Mode. Then the Router got rebooted and the orange LED light turned green. Afterwards, I tried searching google and youtube on computer and it worked! But when I tried my phone, and my friend phone/s, it connects but the Internet did not work, so we could not use google/youtube/any social medias using the expected Internet connection. It only says "Connected without internet". When I tried putting it back to Router Mode from Access Point Mode, it rebooted again but then the orange LED light(Internet connection) replaced the green LED light.

We are trying to connect our phone with the Internet connection as well. Please give us some answers and help us with this type of issue. Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

PO3 Advincula, Kris Paolo

U.S. Navy Sailor

USS America(LHA6),

Unit 100233,

PO Box 944, FPO,

AP 96660

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 667

Replies: 0