X20 Speed drops even with ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-21 09:45:28 - last edited 2022-11-21 09:53:07
Tags: #Speed Issue
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have 3 units of X20 and 1 unit of X60(firmware 1.0.13).I have set X20 as Main Deco (DHCP), also all decos are updated from mobile app.

ALL CONNECTED WITH THE ETHERNET CABLE (KEEP IN MIND). My plan is 150mbps download and 72 mbps upload.

Now the issue is, whenever phone goes from one deco unit's area to another deco unit's area mesh network works but with slower speed. Here download speed capped at 40-42 mbps while upload speed works as per plan ( seems like only download affects). To get full speed i have to disconnect my phone from wifi and reconnect to get the full speed. After reconnecting download speed starts working as per plan. If i had do disconnect and reconnect then why would i buy Mesh Network? I was doing that without Mesh Network with older wifi deivces. To get rid of this thing i bought mesh, but problem remains. I did contact TP-Link 4 times via call and changed network settings as per their recommendatio 4 times but no solution. Pls solve this TP Link...

Options
3 Reply
Re:X20 Speed drops even with ethernet backhaul
2022-11-22 03:43:17

@Nyt Hi, welcome to the community.

Will you notice this issue on different devices? if yes, can I have their model numbers?

Please also temporarily turn off 2.4ghz when you test the speed.

I think maybe the client was still connected to the previous Deco after moving to the next Deco, and could you please check on the Deco APP what is the current connected Deco?

As for your network map, do you use any network switch, like ISP---Main Deco X20---network switch---Deco X60

\---Deco X20

\---Deco X20

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-22 13:28:38

@David-TP 

A:1 - Speed drop is for all devices connected to the network, which includes oneplus 6, oneplus nord, oneplus 7 pro, oneplus 9R, ipad air 2.

A:2 - I have already turned off 2.4 ghz on main network, only 5ghz working on main network. So mentioned devices i gave you, are just connected with 5ghz already. On guest network 2.4ghz is on ( for guest network i have turned of 5ghz ). All tests are done on 5ghz Main Network.

A:3 - I do check if client has changed deco or not, from the app. I only do speedtest after confirming - that the phone has connected to the nearest deco. So speed is slow even when phone has connected to the nearest deco.

A:4 - My network map is like this : ( All Ethernet )

ISP's Router 

|

Main Deco X20

|                                

1GBPS Network Switch

|

------------------------------------------

|                                                 |

X20                                            X60

|

Another Network Switch

|

X20

Options
2022-11-27 17:56:29

@David-TP please solve my problem, im W8ing for the solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 470

Replies: 3

Tags

Speed Issue
Related Articles