Deco ax3000 x50 - unmanaged switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 23:44:48
Tags: #deco
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI

Recently purchased ax3000 x50 deco mesh, and i need to expand the number of ethernet ports .. so i  bought a tp-link ls108G unmanaged switch.  (8 port)

Everytime i plug the switch into the deco ,  internet connection drops out it kills the wifi and internet . I unplug the switch and everthing goes back to normal. The switch is  plug and play with no config settings, 

Is there anything im missing ? ive tried plugging the switch into all 3 ports but the result is the same, also tried different cables.

Has anyone been able to plug a switch into the deco and make it work ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco ax3000 x50 - unmanaged switch
2022-11-30 02:12:33

@Steve112 

Welcome to the community.

Can I have your current network layout, such as:

ISP modem--main Deco X55---TL-SG108--other wired stuffs

\-----<wireless>---satellite X55

Could you please help me run a simple test:

connect TL-SG108 to the satellite X55 and check whether the same issue would start again.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-30 02:34:44

@David-TP 

thank you David.. I connected it to my satellite deco and the switch worked as expected .. 

I then tried it again with the same cables on the Main deco and this time it worked ..  no idea why this time but not complaining 

my setup is 

cable modem --- Ethernet to deco -- then switch into the main deck with Ethernet .  Wireless satellites 

Options
2022-11-30 09:49:28

@Steve112 

Thank you for the good news.laugh

I might not be able to give you any explanation yet and will see whether there would be any similar feedback later.

Previously I thought maybe there was something wrong with the connection map but your network topology seems perfect.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 3

Tags

deco
Related Articles