Add DECO wireless to existing router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 11:00:28
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

All, I am considering DECO E4 to improve my coverage in my home. However I already have an existing router (with OpenWRT) that I do not want to give up.

My question is: Can I add DECO E4 to my existing router? I have two VLANs. One for the private network VLAN:10 and one for the guest network VLAN:90.

Does the DECO E4 has the option to connect to a port on my router with both VLANs and have a wify network for the private (VLAN:10) network and one wify network for the guest network (VLAN:90)? URLs to articles where such setup is covered is also much appreciated and/or pointers to otehr Mesh products that do support such setup.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Add DECO wireless to existing router
2022-12-13 11:27:48

@abnetvision 

Good day, sorry for the delay.

Since you have an OpenWRT router already, I believe you tend to set up Deco E4 in access point mode?

If yes, Deco in AP mode does not support VLANs so It could not separate the VLAN 10 and 90 for different networks via one port.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Add DECO wireless to existing router
2022-12-14 12:09:27

@David-TP thank you for the detail. I will pursue an alternative solution in this case. Ab

Options