Lower performance than expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-12 08:54:44
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.1.4

Hello,

I purchased deco X90 to use it as the main router in a network that contains mixed satellites deco X50 one and 2 Deco X60.

The internet connection is gigabit through PPOE.

The problem I see is lower performance transfer from internet on both ports 1G and 2.5G when used Deco X90 as the main router; cable and Wifi when compared to the situation when the main router is for example Deco X60.

The products are pretty different as class and I was really expected ar least the same performance not lower.

With Deco X60 as main router I get 100MBytes/s down and 60MBytes/s upload compared to Deco X90  60MBytes/s download and 30-40 MBytes/s upload.

Can you please help or advise. Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Lower performance than expected
2022-12-13 02:44:07

@Cristysb Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how you tested the speed from Deco X90? connecting to 5ghz of main X90 or via an Ethernet cable?

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Would there be any difference in the speed if only leaving the main X90 connected to the ISP modem?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Lower performance than expected
2022-12-13 07:33:12

Hello 

To answer to you questions:

Did I connect directly to the router?

No. The router has only 2 ports, so an extra switch with 8 Gigabit ports also from TP link is used.

But yes the test was done on cable.

The speeds are similar on WiFi6 also.

The internet provider is RCS RDS. Which also provides a Gigabit oplical fiber gateway from Huawei Echolife HG865 connected to X90 man router through 2.5Gbit port.

I have not done any tests leaving only the X90, because I need to cover a larger area so the other nodes are needed. The network looks like below:

The name of the nodes include the name of the deco product.

Options