Deco X60 WiFi speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 16:11:09
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204

Hi,

I recently upgraded my internet connection to a fixed 5G. This means there's a 5G receiver outside the house, directed at a tower etc. This connection should be roughly 400/100 Mbps. Which it by all seems to be. When I run a speed test on the main deco I get a number around ~390-420/~115-100 depending on the time of day, which is great.
However, when I run the same speed test in any of the client devices on the WiFi, I'm looking at ~44-48/~10-11 speeds which baffles me. 

Operation Mode Wi-Fi Router
IPTV/VLAN Disabled
MAC Clone

Disabled

DDNS Disabled
Fast Roaming Enabled
Beamforming Enabled
Under NAT;  
SIP ALG Enabled
UPNP Enabled

I can't figure out what's happening with the WiFi speeds vs. internet speed. The same speed range is measurable from any client connected. I've gone to the point where I only have the Main deco connected anymore and took the 2 other Deco's off (I previously had all of the 3 X60s connected), so I'd go as far as to assume this isn't a backhaul issue either :| 

Any help? What could I look into or check next?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X60 WiFi speed issue
2022-12-16 07:59:29

@Zimmys 

Hi, have you tried to turn off 2.4ghz and leave 5ghz only, then test the speed again?

If the speed had no difference, could you please refer to this link and help me check the link speed:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X60 WiFi speed issue
2022-12-16 08:49:49

@David-TP Not sure if there is an update for the X60 like there is for the X50 but I had similar issues with low speeds on the X50 after installation on various devices, but not all which was odd

I manually updated the firmware on the x50 yesterday and after the reboot, etc all my speeds are back to normal on every device

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 520

Replies: 2

Related Articles