No IPv6 on devices connected to Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-23 11:37:23
Tags: #IPv6
Model: Deco M3  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel.36456

okay, so my topology is like this:

ISP's Modem -> ISP's Router -> Main Deco -> Switch 1 -> Deco 2 -> Switch 2

Deco 2 is connected to the Main Deco via ethernet backhaul, it is positioned upstairs and Switch 2 is connected to it.
Switch 1 is connected to the Main Deco and some devices are connected to it via ethernet too.

The Main Deco is running on router mode and is directly connected to the ISP's router. All my devices are connected to the Decos, none are connected to the ISP's router.

Internet Connection settings on Deco is as it is, mostly default and auto.

The ISP do provides IPv6 connection. I tested it out and its working when i connected my devices directly to the ISP's router. Just that devices that connects to the Decos can't.

Do note that I must need to have my ISP Router on since i'm using their VoIP service. It is a VoIP router.

Would like to know how to solve it. Thank you in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:No IPv6 on devices connected to Deco
2022-12-23 15:23:45

@KuroYami 

The way to resolve this is to configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

In this configuration, your ISP router will provide IPv6 addresses, Deco mesh will just transmit them without interference.

Options
2022-12-23 15:30:20

@Alexandre. 

Yes, i know this works, but i rely heavily on the address reservations function of deco for my home nas. my isp's router doesn't have the static dhcp server function, oddly. my nas and all my network devices will be turned off for the night, so i don't want my nas' ip address to be different everytime i boot them up for the day.

Options
2022-12-23 15:34:18

@KuroYami 

This is truly strange for router to miss such basic functionality. Can you share brand name and model number of your ISP Router?

Also, while it is really what I don't want to recommend, but if it is only NAS, and Deco runs in AP mode - you can configure static IP address on NAS. 

Options
2022-12-23 15:48:59 - last edited 2022-12-23 15:50:34

@Alexandre. 

ugh... i can't share the link. a simple search on "maxis huawei router" will show you.
i've checked on huawei's site and it should have it, but i just can't find it albeit it has the exact same ui for every other function, except the one i want is missing. i can't share the link here, a simple search "huawei router address reservation" will show you.

well, i'm trying to not make it static on the nas, its not really the best practice. i'd rather just stay on ipv4 since the absence of ipv6 doesn't affect me for now. but i would really love to have it if possible.

and the deco's built-in function like new device alert and the parental controls will be gone on AP mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 771

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles