TL-WA850RE How may I connect it directly to the routher, using the Ethernet cable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA850RE How may I connect it directly to the routher, using the Ethernet cable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 23:06:12
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I've bought a WiFi range extender TL-WA850RE. This extender has an ethernet input, on the bottom side.

I would like to connect this range extender directly to my router, using an ethernet cable, so it can take the full speed of my router and expand it without any loss.

The problem of connecting these range extenders via wireless connection is that, if it is far way from the router, the signal is weak and what the range extender does is spreading that weak signal, so if I have 300 mbps and I put my wifi range extender 10 meters away, if I receive just 20 mbps at that place, the range extender will spread the signal it is receiving, in that case 20 mbps.

I don't want that. I want the range extender receive the signal with 100% of quality, via ethernet cable, so I want to connect it to the router via ethernet cable to avoid any signal loss and then, I want it spread the signal (as it was received via cable, so it should not have lost any quality). With this, I want that, at the point it is placed the TL-WA850RE WiFi range extender the signal be spreaded with the maximum quality (in my case, cable 300 mpbs)

How may I do this?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE How may I connect it directly to the routher, using the Ethernet cable?
2023-01-04 23:13:08

mrmister wrote

Hello,

I've bought a WiFi range extender TL-WA850RE. This extender has an ethernet input, on the bottom side.

I would like to connect this range extender directly to my router, using an ethernet cable, so it can take the full speed of my router and expand it without any loss.

The problem of connecting these range extenders via wireless connection is that, if it is far way from the router, the signal is weak and what the range extender does is spreading that weak signal, so if I have 300 mbps and I put my wifi range extender 10 meters away, if I receive just 20 mbps at that place, the range extender will spread the signal it is receiving, in that case 20 mbps.

I don't want that. I want the range extender receive the signal with 100% of quality, via ethernet cable, so I want to connect it to the router via ethernet cable to avoid any signal loss and then, I want it spread the signal (as it was received via cable, so it should not have lost any quality). With this, I want that, at the point it is placed the TL-WA850RE WiFi range extender the signal be spreaded with the maximum quality (in my case, cable 300 mpbs)

How may I do this?

@mrmister 

Options
Re:TL-WA850RE How may I connect it directly to the routher, using the Ethernet cable?
2023-01-04 23:14:55
Sorry, I don't see the reply, I see just my message copied...
Options
2023-01-06 01:46:56

@mrmister Could someone from TP Link help me with this?

Options
2023-01-14 08:27:38

@mrmister Hi, welcome to the community and sorry for the delay.

Can I have the hardware version of the TL-WA850RE, such as V1/2/3?

As for how to connect 850RE to the main router via Ethernet cable, you could have a look at this link:

Best regards.

Options