Internet speed with 2 DECOs X60 wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 15:34:17
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

Hi,

I have the next configuration: I have one router and my ISP speed is 1Gbps. I have connected to the router one DECO X60 with through ethernet connection and i have another DECO X60 in other room connected by wifi with the principal DECO X60. The principal DECO is configurated as router wifi.

With de DECO app I had done a test speed and i got the results of 912,8Mbps in download and 914.3 in upload. If i connect a laptop through ethernet with the principal DECO i got similar results, if i do a test speed with this laptop. If i connect the laptop through wifi but connected to principal DECO (near) i got a good results, about 800Mbps.

Well, the problem is that when i connect through the secondary DECO by wifi, i got only about 250Mbps, if i use ethernet connect through the secondary DECO to a computer i got about 450mbps. My computer is compatible with WIFI 6, and the link speed is 1000 (Mbps) by ethernet and 1200Mbps by wifi. 

When i connect by ethernet to secondary DECO i had got half speed, it's normal? Are there any posibility to 1Gbps in the secondary DECO?

Thx

Options
6 Reply
Re:Internet speed with 2 DECOs X60 wifi
2023-01-24 16:59:36

@randomxan 

Your Satellite Deco behaves as an intelligent WiFi range extender. Google for "wifi range extender cuts bandwidth by half" to see an explanation why Satellite Deco cuts speed in half.

The only way to have gigabit in Satellite Deco is when it is connected by Ethernet cable to Main Deco. 

Still, I would have expected somewhat better results from Satellite X60. Would you please make screenshot of Show List in Deco app and share it here. This is the sample of that screen:

It'll help to figure if Satellite Deco is properly placed or if it is too far from Main Deco.

Options
2023-01-24 17:50:22

@Alexandre. 

Thx for your response. Ok I understood the explanation of how range extender works. But now i had done some test. This is the results.

Test speed from the app

I tried via Ethernet with a latprop:

Scenario: Ethernet from laptop against DECO (principal)

Scenario: Ethernet from laptop against the router

Scenario: Wifi 6 from laptop agains DECO (principal)

Wifi adapter of the laptop.

Scenario: Wifi 6 from computer (other room) against secondary DECO (in the same room)

Scenario: Ethernet from computer (other room) against secondary DECO (same room):

Wifi 6 adapter from computer:

Thx

Options
2023-01-24 20:54:03

@randomxan 

I can tell from screenshot you provided that your Satellite Deco is properly placed. It has good link to Main Deco. That means, your Satellite Deco delivers the best speed it can at your place.

If your X60s are still under return policy, consider returning them and replacing with pair of tri-band Deco units. You won't be getting wireless gigabit speeds on Satellite Deco anyway, but close to 500Mbps is a possibility.

These are tri-band Deco models I would recommend: Deco X68, Deco X75 (not to be confused with XE75). If you are willing to spend more: Deco X90 or Deco X95.

Other than that, there is not much more that can be done to improve speeds on Satellite Deco you have.

Options
2023-01-24 21:11:52

@Alexandre. 

Thx! But i have a question, if the test speed in the main DECO get 9xx Mbps in the app, why i cant get this speed with Ethernet connected from laptop to DECO (principal)?

Options
2023-01-24 21:16:58

@randomxan 

Your screenshot from that test is not shown in reply, so I haven't seen it. It is possible you configured bandwidth management features in Deco, such as priority devices, or they were configured by default.

If your Deco X60 connected to ISP router, you can change Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode and that should deliver top performance Deco X60 is capable of, at your place. That also should give you speeds of up to 900Mbps-950Mbps for laptop connected by Ethernet cable to Main Deco, if everything is right. See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Options
2023-01-24 21:24:24

@Alexandre. 

Thx! Here is the image:

I'm going to change to AP mode.

Thx

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 677

Replies: 6