Unable to Block or Delete connected to Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 13:05:58
Tags: #Block or Delete Device
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Hi. my network has a device connected that has no option to block or delete. when i check the device list, it appears on top. this device is the iPad of my daughter. however, when you check the device list, there are 2 devices with that name, one with a slightly different spelling. Also, the 1st one has a “ME” beside the device name. i also tried adding the device in the BLOCK LIST using mac address but it says that the mac address belongs to my current device. 

It seems its being recognized as the device used to setup the deco units? but i don't remember using the ipad to do that. if so, how can i fix this?

Thank You

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to Block or Delete connected to Deco M5
2023-02-16 14:26:59 - last edited 2023-02-16 14:27:24

@FYS7 Your daughter is probably using "private MAC address" on that iPad to bypass blocking, deleting, parental controls etc

For more details, check out this solution: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/166440?replyId=581970

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Unable to Block or Delete connected to Deco M5
2023-02-17 07:31:30

@FYS7 

Hi, Normally, the device labeled as "me" is a local smartphone or tablet that you are using now to control the Deco APP. You could not delete or block this current host device.

Can I have a picture of the APP list so that you can see two devices under the same name? Are they both online at the same time?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 2

Tags

Block or Delete Device
Related Articles