LED lights - meaning of

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LED lights - meaning of

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LED lights - meaning of
LED lights - meaning of
2023-02-27 17:50:15
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have recently changed internet company, router and position of router in the house. I'm trying to get my range extender working again.

I think I've successfully connected two powerline adaptors, one wired to the router in the sitting room and one in the dining room. I can look on Tether and find them both with their connecting line. 

I'm now trying to add a range extender, model above, to extend into my kitchen. The one I previously had used does switch on OK with power LED but after a few seconds, the wireless LED comes on. Both are solid. The RE and signal lights stay off no matter what I try. If I use my iPad to select the extender network, go into 'i' to get IP address, it says 192.168.0.100 and the router is 192.168.0.254. My router is 192.168.50.1. The extender IP doesn't load anything in my browser. 

I've tried factory reset but still get those two solid LEDs power and wireless. What am I doing wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:LED lights - meaning of
2023-03-01 03:16:58

@kpdorset Thanks for the feedback.

The wireless password of the new router is always the first thing to check if the configuration is not successful.

Then please refer to this link to edit the advanced settings on the new router:

Recommended settings on the host router to work well with TP-Link Range Extenders

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 1

Related Articles