Problem accessing CCTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem accessing CCTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem accessing CCTV
Problem accessing CCTV
2023-03-12 09:28:06 - last edited 2023-03-12 12:14:44
Tags: #router

Hi there,

I'm currently on BT FTTP connection using BT Smart Hub 2. I recently purchased a new Tp-Link AX53 to improve my wifi coverage. I managed to get it connected very easily.

I do have 1 major issue tho. I'm using TP-Link TL-WR841N upstairs as an AP to which I have my CCTV connected via Ethernet cable. I can access it via internet from my phone or from my laptop connected to the same network. All works great.

However when I connect the new TP-Link AX53 router I suddenly loose access to the CCTV via internet or even local network. Nothing I do gives me access to the CCTV. Even connecting directly to the AP via cable doesn't let me access the cctv. But when I unplug new router and plug BT SH2 back in everything works again and I can easily access the cctv. No matter what I try nothing works.

As soon as I reconnect my BTSH2 everything works fine and I can access the cctv while connected to either BTSH2 wifi or the TPlink AP upstairs.
So it looks like the AX53 is somehow blocking the connection but I don't understand why and what could be causing it?

Can someone help please?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 0

Tags

router
Related Articles