Deco P9 x3 and omada hardware - not visible as devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-21 20:43:31
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi,

I am new to networking and i have a qiestion.

I installed new tp-link router with new switch and omada hardware. (as a great manual show in the box, the exact topology)

During configuration omada don't recognize Deco P9 as a managable devices but as a client devices. 

I through it would be presented as a mesh or AP devices but not.

My question is: this is ok that i see Deco P9 devices in Omada software as a client devices - non managable?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 x3 and omada hardware - not visible as devices
2023-03-22 00:26:08

@insert1337 

Hey

The Omada hardware is designed for a business grade solution and uses EAPxxx for WiFi, sadly the Deco is home grade and cant be managed by Deco.   They are very different solutions

In short Deco is a self contained Router/Mesh/WiFi system that is made up of nodes.      Omada is a SDN network, that can have a mix of routers, APs, Switches etc all run by a controller, its a more advanced and "business" grade solution.   For that reason Deco cannot be managed by Omada, to have Omada controlled APs you would need to switch to something like the EAP225 or EAP610 etc.

That aside, there is technically nothing stopping you using the Deco as Access Points, they just wont integrate or appear on the Omada controller. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 1

Related Articles