Can't connect to Deco Wi-Fi after restart after a power failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-27 12:07:38
Tags: #powerfailure
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Deco Mesh Network based on X60.

After a power failure and subsequent restart of the Deco devices, I get a "Connected with no internet" issue with the satellite nodes.

i.e. on non-main nodes, if I'm connected to Deco's Wi-Fi network, then internet doesn't work.

And this happens every time there's a power failure.

Solution is to remove the nodes from Deco mesh, and the reset the Deco router, and add the Deco router to the mesh again.

Can you please fix this issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't connect to Deco Wi-Fi after restart after a power failure
2023-03-28 03:41:40

@K12 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Have you seen any satellite Deco turned to flash red when you got the error "Connected with no internet"?

And did the satellite Deco units connect to the main Deco via wireless Mesh Backhaul?

It is also suggested to replace a new Deco as the main unit to see whether it helped with the current issue:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco

By the way, may I know how long have you had Deco and did this issue just start recently?

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-28 03:50:08

@David-TP 

> Have you seen any satellite Deco turned to flash red when you got the error

It's green.

> And did the satellite Deco units connect to the main Deco via wireless Mesh Backhaul?

Yes, In the Deco app - it say's all units are connected.

> By the way, may I know how long have you had Deco and did this issue just start recently?

I've noticed this issue since at least three years.

I have power backup for at least 2 hours. So I run into this issue twice or thrice in a year. But when it happens, it's really frustrating.

I have tried restarting all deco units, phones, and laptops. Still they cannot connect to internet.

I've to literally remove and add all the satellite decos. It's almost like creating a new network.

> It is also suggested to replace a new Deco as the main unit to see whether it helped with the current issue:

But a power failure should not result in this situation.

Options
2023-03-28 09:20:37

@K12 

Thanks for the update.

I also noticed you mentioned at the very beginning:

I get a "Connected with no internet" issue with the satellite nodes.

i.e. on non-main nodes, if I'm connected to Deco's Wi-Fi network, then the internet doesn't work.

• You seemed only to mention satellite Deco X60s, so the main Deco X60 still works properly after a power outage, right?
  • Did you get this error on all or most of the mobile devices when they are connected to satellite Deco nodes?
  • Are you able to reproduce this issue on Deco via a manual power off/on?

I agree that a power failure should not result in this situation. Since you also had Deco for about three years, have you ever checked with the local support center to see whether it is still under warranty?

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-03-28 14:03:51

@David-TP 

> You seemed only to mention satellite Deco X60s, so the main Deco X60 still works properly after a power outage, right?

Yes, that's right.

> Did you get this error on all or most of the mobile devices when they are connected to satellite Deco nodes?

All devices fail to get internet, mobile phones and laptops.

> Are you able to reproduce this issue on Deco via a manual power off/on?

Haven't tried, cause getting back to normalcy is a long process.

> Since you also had Deco for about three years, have you ever checked with the local support center to see whether it is still under warranty?

Not checked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1146

Replies: 4

Tags

powerfailure
Related Articles