Subset of connected clients fail to detect Internet connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-11 11:09:08
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 20221111 77798

Hi have two Deco X60 connected to an LTE router via 1000mbps TP-Link Powerline.  The "master" deco is connected to a powerline adapter, and the LTE router in the attic/loft is connected via powerline.  The "slave" deco is upstairs.  It has been setup this way for about 8 weeks with no issues whatsoever - it massively improved things in the house in general.

I have a problem which started a few days ago where my Playstation 5 connects to my mesh wifi but cannot detect an Internet connection.  I also have a Windows 10 Pro laptop exhibiting the same behaviour.  Connected but no internet.  My Samsung TV (AU7000, so recent) is the same - no Internet.  Yet I write this post from my Windows 11 Home laptop, connected to the same deco wifi with zero internet issues.  I am using multiple browsers, OneDrive, and a Citirx client to talk to a work VDI.  However Zwift, a local app that uses the system web viewer control, isn't working on my Win11 laptop.

Can anyone offer some advice.  I've rebooted the router and the deco system and the PS and laptop.  I fear it's something silly like when my kids phones first connected they had to "authenticate" which was just some checkbox.  However I have removed the PS5, laptop, and TV from parental controls (even though they were setup as family members with no restrictions).

I don't have the premium homeshield only the free/basic tier.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Subset of connected clients fail to detect Internet connectivity
2023-04-12 07:38:40

@pawill 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

2. Since there is one LTE router already, it is suggested to change Deco in Access Point to see whether it helped with the current issue:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1

Related Articles