VX220-G2v - VoIP question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-19 04:00:04 - last edited 2023-04-20 12:37:57

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

The first welcome is a bit confusing.

The TP-Link device I have from my ISP states clearly  "Model: VX220-G2v",  yet model like that apparently does not exist for the purpose of this forum.

BTW - It does not exist for the purpose of finding and downloading the User Guide either.

Also, according to the printing on the back of it, it is "Modem Router with VoIP", yet posts referring to it belong to Wi-Fi routers category.

Oh well.  A bit of maintenance needed.

To my problem -

I received this device from my ISP as a replacement of TP-Link VR1600.

My old-fashioned (analog) phones worked with the VR1600 until I disconnected it.

But they do not work with the new replacement VX220-G2v.

Is it a problem of setting this up somehow?  But there is no way how to access anything related to the VoIP phone settings on the menu.

This box is a special for AUTPG internet service provider, so it is probably somewhat crippled, but still, the phone should work.

I contacted my ISP, but their customer service is slower than snails.

Would anybody have some idea what is going on here?  Does this router need phones made speciay for VoIP, perhaps?

There is no User Guide, nothing on TP-Link website to clarify this.

What a shame.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VX220-G2v - VoIP question
2023-04-23 01:01:21

@aussie43 

Hi, welcome to the community.

VX220-G2v is a customized model for local internet service providers, like TPG. And its web UI is redesigned per ISP's needs so there hasn't been a universal guide or firmware for this model.

If TPG is also the VOIP provider, he needs to help you with the VOIP configuration as well.

And here is also a general VOIP configuration guide for your reference:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/2020/

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
Re:VX220-G2v - VoIP question
2023-04-23 02:04:05
Hi David, Thanks for your reply. My ISP provider finally contacted me about this and we are working on it. Josef
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1560

Replies: 2

Related Articles